[DWJ] OT: Steampunk

Victoria dragonflygreen11 at yahoo.com
Thu May 26 13:07:07 EDT 2011

Elizabeth Parks wrote:

>I was wondering if you could help me out with some recommendations for
steampunk books.

Not precisely Steampunk, but a really excellent book with many steampunkish elements, is China Mieville's Perdido Street Station. It takes place in an imaginary world, but clearly heavily influenced by Victorian London, and there are coal-powered clockwork robots, as well as scientific magic, strange human-animal hybrids, and all other kinds of cool stuff, plus really amazing writing. One of those books that I had to read really slowly, just because practically everything in there is a new idea and requires you to pay close attention.

Victoria

~~~~~

Let the heart complete the pattern.