[DWJ] Living in other series

Eleanor Joslin eleanor at dreamvine.org.uk
Thu May 26 12:59:25 EDT 2011

My interpretation was that Janet's brother was stillborn, but that perhaps Janet was not told much about it, as children often aren't. She must have been very young, and all she knows is that her brother did not survive. Or perhaps Diana or her editor thought mentioning stillbirth was unsuitable.

If people have counterparts across nine worlds, it stands to reason that all nine of them have similar medical histories. Cat was the only one to be born alive, but he was still in danger after birth. However, by then he had the benefit of his counterparts' unused lives, so he survived.

Eleanor