[DWJ] OT: Steampunk

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Thu May 26 11:56:52 EDT 2011

On Thu, 26 May 2011, Elizabeth Parks wrote:

> Has anyone read anything by Paolo Bacigalupi?  I see he's one of the
> nominees for the novella Nebula, and his work keeps coming up as
> sort-of-steampunk.

I read SHIP BREAKER, which is the one that won the Printz award for young adult literature, and I was... Well, "meh," isn't quite a fair assessment. I enjoyed it, I did. I just didn't think it's worth all of the people falling all over themselves talking about how awesome it is. It's not steampunk, though; it's post-apocalyptic.

-deborah