[DWJ] OT: Steampunk

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at gmail.com
Thu May 26 04:59:45 EDT 2011

Philip Reeve has two series, and they're quite different.  The Mortal
Engines series came first, is for older readers, and is the one that might
require the hanky.  The Larklight books are lighter and younger, and feel
more obviously steampunk, to me at least.  Part of that might be because
their Victorian Britain is more like the 'real' one, except that the Empire
includes the American Colonies and -- Mars, I think.  Certainly parts of
space.

Hallie