[DWJ] Living in Other Series

A.M. Winslow debrisoftheages at yahoo.co.uk
Tue May 24 12:40:33 EDT 2011

Reading the other answers to why Conrad has to go back and others don't, I agree on all but two points --

Millie only has one life, it's pretty clear -- that's why she had to use one of Christoper's to cross over (initially, at least).

On the question of Tacroy -- I got the impression that he wasn't nearly as powerful as Christopher.  Indeed, I wonder if eleven not allowing itself to split weakened its potential for magic users as powerful as they would be if they had multiple lives.  Certainly, it seemed to harm them.  I got the impression that the reason Christopher had so much trouble was that all the magic was sideways to his, and unfamiliarity made it trickier than it would have been otherwise.  But even so, I got the impression that the chief was the only one with magic as powerful as Christopher's.

Anna

"On a canvas weird and wild but grand,
He painted the face with a master hand."
        -- Two Pictures

End of Dwj Digest, Vol 67, Issue 13