[DWJ] Living in other series

Elizabeth Parks henx19 at gmail.com
Mon May 23 17:04:53 EDT 2011

I was just wondering about this the other day!  I bow to Farah's brilliance,
except that I don't think that Tacroy would be a nine-lifed enchanter
equivalent.  Christopher and Cat are because they have the magic of the
eight other people who should be their equivalent from other worlds across
the series: Tacroy's series doesn't have other people whose magic he could
get.  So there has to be the potential to be the same level of power, if
that makes sense.  It seems like it would be possible for other serieses,
ones with other numbers of worlds, to have thirteen-lifed or seven-lifed
enchanters, who would be 13x or 7x to Christopher's 9x and Tacroy's 1x.  I
think Tacroy could still be quite powerful, like Millie, but I remember LoCC
saying that everyone in Tacroy's world was powerful because they were old
and knowledgeable.

And then Gwendolen went to another world in the same series, but Conrad was
from another series, right?  so does that mean that if he had a Dear
Replacement in Christopher's world that the Dear Replacement would have
coexisted?  I've always wondered what happens if there are two Cats, for
example, but the other seven aren't: do you end up with two 4.5 lifed
(lived?) enchanters?  And then I also wonder--if Asheth is Real, as
Mille-the-Goddess says, does she have equivalents too?

lizzie