[DWJ] New to the list...

Hannah Green hannah.green at sevenstories.org.uk
Tue May 10 07:56:22 EDT 2011

Hello,

I'm new to the list (hope this posting works!), and just wanted to introduce myself, not only as a longtime fan of Diana's books but also as the archivist at Seven Stories, the Centre for Children's Books in Newcastle.  List members may be aware that Seven Stories acquired Diana's extensive archive last year, only a few months before she died, and I was privileged to meet her when we collected the archive from her home in Bristol.

I am now about to start the process of cataloguing Diana's archive, and wondered if list members might like to be kept informed of progress as I work?  As I say, it's an extensive archive, including some juvenilia, material relating to over 30 of her published titles, and a significant quantity of material for unpublished works, so the process of cataloguing will take quite some time.  I am more than happy to share interesting discoveries as and when I make them with the list, if that is something members would be interested in.

The collection will, of course, be available to the public once cataloguing has been completed, and we welcome anyone who wants to come and explore for themselves!

Best wishes,

Hannah

Hannah Green
Archivist
Seven Stories, the Centre for Children's Books
Design Works, William Street, Felling, Gateshead, Tyne and Wear NE10 0JP
Tel. 01914952707
E-mail: hannah.green at sevenstories.org.uk<mailto:hannah.green at sevenstories.org.uk>

Website: www.sevenstories.org.uk<http://www.sevenstories.org.uk/>
Facebook: Find us on Facebook by searching Seven Stories, The Centre for Children's Books
Twitter: Follow us at www.twitter.com/7stories<http://www.twitter.com/7stories>

Think before you print to save energy and paper. Do you really need to print this email? If you do, print it double sided.