[DWJ] Game of Thrones

Judith Ridge judith.ridge at gmail.com
Sun May 1 05:36:31 EDT 2011

I've just watched Pillars of the Earth, which I gather is in the same vein
as Game of Thrones. I've not read the book, and when I started the
miniseries, I was not at all convinced—was sure it was going to be terrible.
But it actually grew on me very quickly, and while there was plenty of
scenery-chewing, it was also thoroughly entertaining, with a great cast and
characters I really enjoyed following. Anyone else seen it?

Judith

On 28 April 2011 16:14, Charlie Butler <charles.hannibal at gmail.com> wrote:

> I was put off by the trailer, which had Sean Bean saying in a very
> portentous voice: "There's a war coming. I don't know who it will be
> against. I don't know what it will be about. But.... it's coming."
>
> Or words to that effect. It made me splutter into my Ovaltine, anyway.
>
> Charlie
>
> On 28 April 2011 03:36, rohina <rohinax at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I don't know if any of you are watching this, but I watched episode 1,
> and
> > the whole thing constantly made me think of DWJ and the Tough Guide. The
> > show manages to tick every cliche box possible.
> >
> > Tell me it's not just me!
> >
> > (Also, if Tough Guide had had a more adult audience, I bet there would
> have
> > been an entry on sex, Doggy Style)
> >
> > robyn
> >

> --
> Website: www.charlesbutler.co.uk
> Blog: http://steepholm.livejournal.com/

Judith Ridge
Western Sydney Young People's Literature Officer

Arts and Cultural Development
Blacktown City Council
PO Box 63
(62 Flushcombe Road)