[DWJ] Being Talked Up To

Eleanor Joslin eleanor at dreamvine.org.uk
Thu Mar 31 13:50:10 EDT 2011

On 31/03/11 18:22, Ellen Willcox wrote:

> Anything you didn't get the first time through one of her books, but you do
> now?

I could probably think of lots if I had time, but an obvious one is that
when I first read The Homeward Bounders at age 13, I had never heard of
Prometheus.  (Or the Flying Dutchman or the Wandering Jew, but their
names were in the book, so it was relatively easy to find out about them.)

In those days you couldn't just google people chained to rocks -- you
had to wait until you serendipitously found out where things came from.
  To this day there are things I don't google, because I like that
feeling so much.

	Eleanor