[DWJ] corporal punishment

Gili Bar-Hillel hptranslator at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 14:41:44 EST 2011

Thank you all. Charlie, I'll have a look; Lucy, I'd found the Laura Ingalls
Wilde just a moment ago! I'll look for some of the others. Jacqueline Wilson
is too contemporary for me. The Dickens is exactly what I need. And I found
a nice bit in Tom Sawyer as well. I suppose I'm mostly interested in
classics, I want to give examples in a class and show how corporal
punishment was so prevalent that it was almost taken for granted, unless it
was unusually cruel. Nowadays beating children at school is illegal in so
many countries in the west, we'd be horrified if we heard it happened in our
childrens' schools. Philip and Helen, thanks for the ObDWJ's!!