[DWJ] best books of 2010

Debbie Gascoyne dgascoyne at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 11:05:30 EST 2011

Re: Fire Deborah wrote
"It's just that it punched me in the heart in the way only a few books do. "

Yes.  Exactly.  I had that same reaction to _Deerskin_.  And to some extent,
_The Hero and the Crown_.  What I loved was the way Fire the character dealt
with the way people reacted to her, and the damage underneath.  And although
there was the nastiness, the real love shining through the characters.  And
that even (most) of the villains were not 100% evil, nor the goodies 100%
good.  Wonderful.

Debbie.