[DWJ] Best books of 2010 list

Mon Mar 7 20:05:01 EST 2011

On Mon, 7 Mar 2011 20:59:52 +0000, Hallie O'Donovan wrote:

>On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 5:04 AM, Melissa Proffitt <Melissa at proffitt.com>wrote:
>
>[about _Clockwork Angel_]

>> Bummer.  I think Jacob and my middle child Aerin read it, but I never did
>> have time.  Waiting for the Scholastic warehouse sale to get it in so I can
>> get it for free.  I'm such a cheapskate.

>I had to go back and have a look at what I'd written about it, as I'd
>managed to forget a few of my irritations, but now I've reminded myself, I'm
>annoyed all over again.  I will be VERY interested to hear your take when
>you do read it, especially considering that the inconsistency of the
>Victorian setting in _Soulless_  made it your worst book of the year.  (It
>would have got my Stupidest Sex Scene of the Year award, but I quite enjoyed
>it apart from the alpha-est maleness-est of the romantic lead.  Yawn.)  So
>please, let us know if you write about it? I'll happily go to FB to read
>that review!

This is starting to depress me.  I will have to go read my new Jasper Fforde
novel to cheer myself up.  Also the one that comes before it.  I glanced
through _Clockwork Angel_ enough to see that the Victorian setting hadn't
really affected the flavor of the text much, but I was sort of hoping it
would transcend that problem....

Posting on my blog became complicated because I had to weed out the spam,
and because I depend on Jacob to maintain the site.  Yes, I realize that
having a web page is so simple these days that even untrained monkeys and
members of the US Congress can do it, but I am very slow at learning new
programs of any kind, and I have all these other things that I could be
doing.  But I will see about some alternative to Facebook.  It's writing the
review that takes time, not posting it multiple places.

>If you want to see a few choice quotes so you get the flavour of the book,
>here's my write-up:http://lady-schrapnell.livejournal.com/151510.html#cutid1.
>You can ignore the first paragraph, as it was updating on when poor Becca
>tore the ligament in her knee.

You people and your LiveJournal accounts.  I'm really starting to feel that
if I don't have one, I'm a failure as a person.  :)

Melissa Proffitt