[DWJ] Best books of 2010 list

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 15:59:52 EST 2011

On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 5:04 AM, Melissa Proffitt <Melissa at proffitt.com>wrote:

[about _Clockwork Angel_]

> Bummer.  I think Jacob and my middle child Aerin read it, but I never did
> have time.  Waiting for the Scholastic warehouse sale to get it in so I can
> get it for free.  I'm such a cheapskate.

I had to go back and have a look at what I'd written about it, as I'd
managed to forget a few of my irritations, but now I've reminded myself, I'm
annoyed all over again.  I will be VERY interested to hear your take when
you do read it, especially considering that the inconsistency of the
Victorian setting in _Soulless_  made it your worst book of the year.  (It
would have got my Stupidest Sex Scene of the Year award, but I quite enjoyed
it apart from the alpha-est maleness-est of the romantic lead.  Yawn.)  So
please, let us know if you write about it? I'll happily go to FB to read
that review!

If you want to see a few choice quotes so you get the flavour of the book,
here's my write-up:http://lady-schrapnell.livejournal.com/151510.html#cutid1.
You can ignore the first paragraph, as it was updating on when poor Becca
tore the ligament in her knee.

And what is up with Book 4 of the
> Mortal Instruments series?  What's left to tell?  (Or rather, what of all
> the stuff that's left to tell could it focus on?)
>
> I had NO idea that Clare was adding on to that end of the trilogy as well,
let alone adding three books .  I agree about its being a story that seemed
satisfactorily ended.

Hallie