[DWJ] best books of 2010

liril at gmx.net liril at gmx.net
Mon Mar 7 05:07:26 EST 2011

Concerning Dresden Files:

Just wanted to second what Hallie wrote. In my case it was also the fourth book (Summer Knight) that marked a real difference. Personally I liked the first three well enough to give the next one a try, but the fourth one  moved the Dresden Files up from "give it a try" to "real good stuff". Partly, this has to do with the developement of the main character. It seems to me he's really doing some growing up. I liked Harry well enough to see past some "appreciative gazing" (excusing it with his lack of real experience), and in the fourth book he realized some stuff I'd been telling him in my mind sometime :-) (you see why I kept reading - a character that feels real enough to do that...)

Bettina

also enjoying the liveliness of the list

-------- Original-Nachricht --------