[DWJ] Best Books of 2010 - various thoughts

Mon Mar 7 00:21:43 EST 2011

On Sun, 6 Mar 2011 13:45:53 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time),
deborah.dwj at suberic.net wrote:

>I know from talking to people that I wasn't the only person who didn't realize from the narrative structure that The Hunger Games wasn't a standalone until about a chapter from the end where it was obvious it wasn't going to be able to finish.

Me too.  Absolutely no idea.  At this point I can't remember how much it
bothered me personally, but from a publishing standpoint I was irritated.
There should have been some warning.  And then I had to go and explain it to
every single person I gave it to, because I was pretty sure none of them
would figure it out either.

Melissa Proffitt