[DWJ] best books of 2010

Mon Mar 7 00:17:30 EST 2011

On Sun, 6 Mar 2011 23:20:31 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time),
deborah.dwj at suberic.net wrote:

>Hallie O'Donovan wrote:
>
>> I found them very disappointing, in part
>> because of the way they were read, but also because there was a *lot* of
>> gazing appreciately at women with luscious curves in all the right places,
>> and full mouths that invited lingering kisses, etc, etc.
>
>I would definitely agree with this. I actually had a friend warned me about the gender issues when I got into the first book, and in the first books there is very much a noir detective kind of relationship with women. They are all sexy, and they are all either victims or femmes fatales. I think by mid-series that has very much changed, and the female characters are all much more appealing and richly drawn. They are all still sexy, but they are also people.
>
>People whose breasts the narrator can't stop looking at, but still.

Well, he IS a red-blooded straight American male, after all.  :)  And did
you notice that people are either super-tall or freakishly short?  There's
never an inbetween.  I think if I listened to the series on audiobook, I'd
go crazy.  Reading it, at least I can blow past the descriptions that get on
my nerves.

Not Thomas.  I'm in love with Thomas.

Melissa Proffitt