[DWJ] best books of 2010

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Sun Mar 6 23:20:31 EST 2011

Hallie O'Donovan wrote:

> I found them very disappointing, in part
> because of the way they were read, but also because there was a *lot* of
> gazing appreciately at women with luscious curves in all the right places,
> and full mouths that invited lingering kisses, etc, etc.

I would definitely agree with this. I actually had a friend warned me about the gender issues when I got into the first book, and in the first books there is very much a noir detective kind of relationship with women. They are all sexy, and they are all either victims or femmes fatales. I think by mid-series that has very much changed, and the female characters are all much more appealing and richly drawn. They are all still sexy, but they are also people.

People whose breasts the narrator can't stop looking at, but still.

-deborah