[DWJ] Best Books of 2010 - various thoughts

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Sun Mar 6 18:40:26 EST 2011

On Monday 07 March 2011 00:36:35 Debbie Gascoyne wrote:
> Hahaha - doesn't that just go to show.  I _hated_ Dragonhaven_ (the
> non-stop garrulity of the narrator drove me NUTS), but _Deerskin_ is one
> of my favourite books in the whole world.  Maybe being a dog lover makes a
> difference (I'm certainly not a fan of incest).  And I liked Pegasus a
> lot, too, probably the most of her books since _Sunshine_.

I must admit that I haven't read any of the other three; after _Deerskin_ I
didn't dare risk any Robin McKinley that I hadn't read yet, rereading the
Damar books and the Beauty variants instead. And I love _Spindle's End_,
though I understand how some people drown in the details.

   Irina

--
Vesta veran, terna puran, farenin.
Blog: http://www.valdyas.org/foundobjects/index.cgi Latest: 12-Jan-2010