[DWJ] best books of 2010

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 15:12:29 EST 2011

On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 5:14 PM, Debbie Gascoyne <dgascoyne at gmail.com> wrote:

(re Dresden) Ooh - a new series!!  I'm going to have to try them.  Am I
> right to think that White Knights is the first?

I'm a bit hesitant to say this after all the love for the series that has
been aired, but I listened to the first two on audiobook - read by James
Marsters, which sounded brilliant.  I found them very disappointing, in part
because of the way they were read, but also because there was a *lot* of
gazing appreciately at women with luscious curves in all the right places,
and full mouths that invited lingering kisses, etc, etc.  I'd never have
kept reading had it not been for the input of Sherwood and another LJ friend
who both said that the books changed (for the better) after the first few,
and could imagine how the audiobook would exacerbate the irritating
elements.  I read the third and fourth and definitely felt that the fourth
kicked into another level.  It just might be worth bearing in mind before
you start reading.  And btw, Goodreads is wonderful for listing series order
- I've found it very useful as my brain gets soggier with age.

Hallie