[DWJ] Facebook

Ulrika Isacsson ulrikamc at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 14:17:45 EST 2011

2011/3/4 Irina Rempt <irina at valdyas.org>

> On Friday 04 March 2011 02:36:47 Melissa Proffitt wrote:
>
> > *Reviews posted on Facebook.  It's easier than maintaining a blog.
>
> I wish people (in general, not specifically you) wouldn't do that; I'm
> starting to feel it's mandatory to have a Facebook account.  And I don't
> want
> one; it would make me paranoid, which I'm usually not online, because it's
> all
> right with me that *people* see something personal about me, but it's not
> all
> right with me that a company that sells me to advertisers has my personal
> stuff.
>
> Note that I'm not *asking* anyone not to do it, but if you do, please
> realise
> that I won't see it, and I'm probably not the only one. (If I *am* the only
> one, ah well, I've been a bleeding-edge Luddite all my life.)
>
>   Irina

Regarding Facebook I also have an account there (even if it took me long
enough to get one), but I have to say that my real social networking takes
place at Ravelry. Facebook entries I try to keep to fairly impersonal
comments about daily life. Ravelry is about my hobbie and even if I haven't
met  the persons I talk to there, it feels in a way more fun and personal.

//Ulrika

--
Ord - ger livet meningar