[DWJ] Best Books of 2010 - various thoughts

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Sun Mar 6 13:45:53 EST 2011

Debbie Gascoyne wrote:

> What does everyone think about that?  As someone who lives much of my time
> online, I took for granted the "paratext" available of blog entries and so
> on

I haven't read this particular book, but I am always frustrated by an expectation that I know paratextual information. I've never followed the many blogs connected to trendy modern TV shows, for example (e.g. all of the torchwood blogs).

I know from talking to people that I wasn't the only person who didn't realize from the narrative structure that The Hunger Games wasn't a standalone until about a chapter from the end where it was obvious it wasn't going to be able to finish.

-deborah