[DWJ] Best Books of 2010 - various thoughts

Devra devra at aol.com
Sun Mar 6 10:05:30 EST 2011

Re PEGASUS - and here I thought it ended with a real down-note bummer, destroying all the good stuff that you'd so carefully read.  I skipped to the end because I'm an inpatient type, and WHAM!  If that's a cliff=hanger, it's worse than "BlackOut", where some people didn't read the intro/dedication and didn't realize that there was a second book coming.

And the last line of CRYOBURN (Bujold) - talk about whammies!  OUCH.

And now I feel better, too - I tried the first NEW MOON book, because one of us said it was A Guilty Pleasure, and thought, "Teen-aged angst and Mary-Sue-ism.  Oh ick."

And if you enjoyed A COLLEGE OF MAGIC, try and get hold of the sequel - sort of; it features Jane as the heroine - SCHOLAR OF MAGIC.  Much harder to get copies of, though.

Devra