[DWJ] Best books of 2010 list

Roslyn Gross rosgross at bigpond.net.au
Fri Mar 4 21:29:17 EST 2011

Yep, it fascinates me, too! I get totally turned off books that try to be
'literary' and postmodern - the pretension puts me off immediately. I
might manage to get something interesting out of the book if I finish it,
but I won't value the book very much and I wouldn't say I enjoyed' it. Yet
I know people who will say, Yes, I know it's pretentious, but happily
enjoy it anyway. So I think I know what you mean when you talk about using
it as a marker to identify what kind of reader you are. You can kind of
'enjoy' a book on one level and yet be able to delineate it as the kind of
book you don't value much.

Ros