[DWJ] help please from my brilliant online friends

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 17:53:50 EDT 2011

Becca's doing this right now as well, and researched it pretty thoroughly -
she said that you send your query (with whatever they want) to lots of
agents, and  can send a full manuscript to as many people as ask for it
*unless* one of them asks for an exclusive.  You don't have to give the
exclusive, and it's probably wise not to unless they tell you it's for a
relatively short time.  Of course, being able to say "Oh, so sorry - can't
give you an exclusive as 25 other people have requested the full manuscript"
is all to the good.

Good luck!

Hallie