[DWJ] News from the archive - Charmed Life

Kyla Mackay-Smith kyla at keyfitz.org
Wed Jun 1 08:42:45 EDT 2011

Well, you never know--I know that high school editors are not nearly as
observant and skilled as professional editors, but I do remember one
instance of submitting a story to my high school literary magazine,
getting a rejection and some immensely stupid "constructive criticism"
back, waiting a few months, and resubmitting it without any changes. That
time it got accepted, along with the comment "we really liked the changes
you made!" :^)