[DWJ] Earwig and the Witch

Ellen Willcox eawil3 at email.wm.edu
Fri Jul 8 08:13:14 EDT 2011

I thought the same thing about Earwig.  There's a point when everyone's
bending over backward to please the Mandrake that she thinks ruefully that
she must have been like that at the orphanage, and I sort of expected that
to be a turning point, but it's not.  On the other hand, she's still quite
young; I can imagine her growing out of it a bit, though probably not
completely.

- Nic