[DWJ] Interview with DWJ's son

Victoria Herridge victoriaherridge at mac.com
Fri Jul 8 04:41:07 EDT 2011

Hi there,

I normally sit back and watch the discussion unfold, but something's been bugging me about Colin Burrow's interview: he said DWJ often wrote about writers going through periods of despair. Now, I have never thought of DWJ as writing about writers, or wannabe writers, and off the top of my head can only think of Polly, Ted Mallory, Quentin Sykes, and - at a push - Tanaquai and Carol Oneir.

What DWJ does write about are people with talent.

Or have I simply not picked up on the writing theme? What other characters are writers?

Tori
---
Dr. Victoria Herridge
Department of Palaeontology