[DWJ] Interview with DWJ's son

Martha Hixon marthahixon at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 10:04:56 EDT 2011

Thanks for posting this, Charlie. I would have missed it, otherwise.

The talk, brief as it was, was tantalizing in the bits that gave new insight
into her work. For example, his comments about his grandmother and that
DWJ's sisters didn't remember their childhood in exactly the same way as she
did, as well as his comment (without further explanation, darn it!) that *Fire
& Hemlock *was partly about her love for her husband. Was this the idea that
you "suspected about the reality behind" the book, or was it something else?
What was the thing that hadn't occurred to you?

It was an enjoyable and insightful talk. One can tell Burrow is an English
professor  :-).

Martha

Dr. Martha P. Hixon
Department of English