[DWJ] Interview with DWJ's son

Deborah Meghnagi Bailey deborah at brightweavings.com
Wed Jul 6 07:32:12 EDT 2011

That was fascinating, thank you for the link Charlie. When I have time I
think I'd like to listen to it again and write up a transcript so I can
ponder some of the things he says for longer.

I think, regarding the obituaries, that maybe he simply disliked the fact
that practically all the obituaries mentioned Tolkien, Lewis and JK Rowling
in some way, even if they didn't say exactly what he claims they did. I
certainly didn't like to see Rowling mentioned in an obit for DWJ - seemed
almost like a travesty.

His talk does make me want to reread E Nesbit. I did read many of her books
as a child, but haven't read them again as an adult.

I think my biggest gripe about life is that it isn't fair. I wonder if
that's why I love DWJ so much, since it seems she felt the same way.