[DWJ] Interview with DWJ's son

Charlie Butler charles.hannibal at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 03:27:46 EDT 2011

Colin Burrow can be heard talking about his mother and her work on BBC Radio
3's *Night Waves* programme, here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/b0128n0d.

It's an interesting piece - and confirms something I'd like suspected about
the reality behind *Fire and Hemlock*, as well as something else that hadn't
occurred to me...

I do want to protest on behalf of DWJ's obituarists, though! I can't find
any examples of obituaries that claim Tolkien and Lewis were the main
influences on her work - which he says most do - or that stress her role in
making straight the way of J. K. Rowling (even if a subeditor put a very
silly headline to that effect above my piece for the *Independent*).

Charlie

--
Website: www.charlesbutler.co.uk
Blog: http://steepholm.livejournal.com/