[DWJ] The conference website

Gili Bar-Hillel hptranslator at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 14:34:32 EST 2011

I can certainly understand and respect people's wish not to join Facebook,
but the idea was not to force anyone to join. Many of the participants are
Facebook members already, and Facebook allows some fun things like tagging
people in photos, commenting and reconnecting with others. I brought up the
possibility to make the group a closed group only because it gives the
illusion of more privacy, though in all truthfulness, there is nothing
private about Facebook and the datamining concerns are valid. Facebook
albums were at some point viewable to people who had not joined Facebook,
I'm not sure if that's still the case. In any case, cloning the website on
Chrestomanci's Castle seems a better solution to me; thanks, Deborah! I
won't bother now with making a page on Facebook (though I think I will put
up that one big group photo on my own album).