[DWJ] Wilkins' Tooth

Eleanor Simmons eleanorsimmons at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 08:12:51 EST 2011

I have the US edition (or a US edition) and I loved the absurdness of
the swearing. Buster continually uses adjective phrases like "eyeballs
in salsa" and "disembowelled", and it's just so silly and fun. I'd
assumed it was intentioonal, though.

"No! I got a much better degutted brains-in-gravy idea than that. Wait
a slimeballing minute, can't you!" Then, before Frank and Jess had
time to escape from the shed, he was pounding on the window, yelling,
"Anyone in? You too degutted scared to answer? Open disemboweled up,
can't you!"
"What do you want?" asked Frank.

"My zombie-burger Own Back," said Buster. "Like it says. And you
slimy-puke owe me ten pence, anyway."

-Eleanor (who has lurked on this list for a long time, but rarely commented.)