[DWJ] Free Martha Wells

Tue Dec 27 17:17:56 EST 2011

I would say "Gasp, Kait, where have you been?!" except I'd never heard of
Martha Wells until someone on this list mentioned her.  :) She writes
fantasy that's off the beaten path (if you consider the "beaten path" to be
epic semi-Tolkienesque fantasy), some of it sort of steampunkish before that
was popular. Very good worldbuilding, even better magic systems, great
characters.

There's one loosely related series about the country of Ile-Rien:
The Element of Fire
The Death of the Necromancer
The Wizard Hunters
The Ships of Air
The Gate of Gods
...where those last three are a trilogy

...and some standalone books
City of Bones
Wheel of the Infinite

...and now the trilogy beginning with The Cloud Roads.

And if I missed any, then I will weep, because it means I do not own them.

Melissa Proffitt