[DWJ] Howl's Moving Castle at Southwark

slwones at gmail.com slwones at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 15:00:28 EST 2011

I saw it on Saturday and quite enjoyed it - although I did have to tell
myself several times it was a different story than the book.  I thought the
actor who played Howl and the actress that played Old Sophie were both
quite good (esp. old Sophie) I was not crazy about Young Sophie/the WotW.
I also felt the play banged the "moral" of the story over the audience's
heads more than was necessary.  By Saturday the kinks were worked out so I
thought the feel of the theater was very good, the set was fun and the
projection pretty clever.  All in all I'm glad I went and I enjoyed myself
but it won't be something I will be reliving in my mind for time
immemorial.  Also, while it didn't occur to me when I saw it, I thought
your comment about their making Howl into Dr. Who and the castle into the
Tardis was spot on.
Suzanne

On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 8:36 AM, Victoria Herridge <victoriaherridge at mac.com