[DWJ] Little Dot

A.M. Winslow debrisoftheages at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Aug 7 21:30:05 EDT 2011

Hey all . . .

I'm currently reading aloud the Homeward Bounders and I realized that I lived quite near a street called the Old Fort Road.  Seriously.

But actually, I'm writing because I recently reread DWJ's short story "Little Dot," and realized that I don't understand the first two riddles *at all.*  I'm away from home and unfortunately don't have the story with me at all -- but anyone who does, by any chance could you post and explain the riddles?

I would have totally lost against Gollum.

Cordially,
Anna