[DWJ] Worldcon in Reno

Gili Bar-Hillel gbhillel at netvision.net.il
Fri Aug 5 06:24:15 EDT 2011

I wish I could go to Reno, but it's just too much for me. I will be at the
World Fantasy Convention in San Diego in October, and I've tried suggesting
to the programmers that a panel in memory of Diana would be in order - it's
in their hands now. If anyone from this list is attending, please let me
know!

As for Garth Nix, the Abhorsen books are wonderful, start with the first
one, "Sabriel". Another DWJesque author is Frances Hardinge, my favorite of
hers is "Gullstruck Island" (aka "The Lost Conspiracy" in USA). "Dragon
Slippers" by Jessica Day George is more lightweight but good fun.

Gili