[DWJ] Game of Thrones

Eleanor Joslin eleanor at dreamvine.org.uk
Thu Apr 28 05:33:41 EDT 2011

I haven't seen the TV version, but I have been enjoying the books
recently.  The strong Tough Guide-y flavour and massive character
listings in the back of each book didn't stop me romping through all
four of them over the course of about six weeks.

One box that is emphatically NOT ticked is the one where everyone is
either Good or Evil.  Another is Stew.  The author seems to go out of
his way to nourish his characters on delicious-sounding recipes, to the
point where people are making them in real life.
http://innatthecrossroads.wordpress.com

Book 1 of the series was published the same year as the Tough Guide, IIRC.

On 28/04/11 07:14, Charlie Butler wrote:
> I was put off by the trailer, which had Sean Bean saying in a very
> portentous voice: "There's a war coming. I don't know who it will be
> against. I don't know what it will be about. But.... it's coming."
>
> Or words to that effect. It made me splutter into my Ovaltine, anyway.

That line is not in the book, IIRC.