[DWJ] Convention panel

Gili Bar-Hillel gbhillel at netvision.net.il
Tue Apr 26 08:26:10 EDT 2011

I'm so glad it went well. I've suggested a similar panel for the World
Fantasy Convention to be held in San Diego in the fall, hoping it makes it
into the program.

As to flying to England for the listmeet, true I did that, but in fairness,
Israel is not all that far away and I was looking for excuses to take a
weekend in London! We have in the past twice flown to London with the excuse
of wanting to see a play at the National (once for Stoppard's Coast of
Utopia, once for Pullman's Dark Materials), and once to buy the last Harry
Potter book in London. If this sounds extravagant, keep in mind I have an
aunt in London whom I love to visit, so if I get a cheap airline ticket it's
not really more expensive than a domestic vacation would be... unless one
counts shopping, in which case, yes I return with suitcases laden with
books!

It's been far too long since my last UK visit, I am aching to go back. I
think the last time was actually DWJcon in 2009, if one discounts a ten hour
layover in Heathrow on the way back from WFC 2009, during which I was hoping
to hop into the city but ended up huddled miserably in the BritishAir lounge
suffering from what was very likely to have been swine flu (several
con-goers came down with it).

Gili