[DWJ] Convention panel

Kylie Ding kylie_ding at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 26 06:54:07 EDT 2011

> How did it go, Kylie? Who else was on the panel? Wish I could have
> attended.

It went really well!  Bec Handcock and Gene Melzack were the other
panellists.  Both are big fans who've read most of the DWJ books.  Paul was
in the audience so he might have some comments on how it went from the
audience perspective.

I had enough to talk about and I don't think I overwhelmed the other
panellists.

One thing I did which worked really well was to take a copy of every
individual DWJ book I owned in there.  It made for a heavy and awkward
suitcase, but it was well worthwhile.  It meant if any of us were talking
about a particular book we could pull it out and wave it around, and the
audience could have a look and see what they might have missed reading.

You got a mention too Gili, as the fan who was enthusiastic enough to come
all the way from Israel for the first listmeet!

Wish you could have attended too.  All of you, in fact!

Byeeeee,
Kylie