[DWJ] DWJ cited in this review

Judith Ridge judith.ridge at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 08:01:26 EDT 2011

On 25 April 2011 21:13, Charlie Butler <charles.hannibal at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would call him an academic critic - as opposed to the kind that writes
> newspaper reviews, for example (though for all I know he does that too).
> And
> I would call works such as* Language and Ideology in Children's
> Books*academic criticism.
>
> I wonder if this is a UK/Oz difference, or just me/us/you?
>
> Charlie
>
> On 25 April 2011 11:45, Judith Ridge <judith.ridge at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Would you call him a critic? He's an academic first and foremost. J

I wondered that too, Charlie. I'm not familiar with 'critic' being used like
this in academia here, but that may not mean anything. I suppose I could ask
John!

Judith Ridge
Western Sydney Young People's Literature Officer

Arts and Cultural Development
Blacktown City Council
PO Box 63
(62 Flushcombe Road)