[DWJ] Pod cast on DWJ

Alina contemplatinum at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 18:34:29 EDT 2011

I found Fly by Night really difficult to get into - it wasn't bad, it just
didn't grip me enough for me to keep going past 1/4 of the book. Is there
another of Hardinge's books that's more accessible? I saw Gullstruck Island
on the local bookshop's bargain table and wondered whether I should get it.

Alina

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 11:49 PM, Hallie O'Donovan <hallieod at gmail.com>wrote:

> Just to save any possible future confusion, _Verdigris Deep_ was published
> in the States as _Well Witched_.  Hardinge's third book is also a
> stand-alone, and also has different titles: _Gullstruck Island_ in the UK
> and _The Lost Conspiracy_ in the US.  The sequel to _Fly by Night_ is the
> most recent book, and is _Twilight Robbery_ over here and _Fly Trap_ in the
> US.
>
> Hallie
>

> On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 12:10 PM, Eleanor Joslin
> <eleanor at dreamvine.org.uk>wrote:
>
> > Deborah,
> >
> > Coincidentally, I am currently reading Fly by Night, my first Hardinge.
> > just looked at her webiste and saw that although Fly by Night has a
> sequel,
> > Verdigris Deep isn't it, so go ahead and read it.
> >
> >        Eleanor
> >

> > On 18/04/11 11:54, Deborah Meghnagi Bailey wrote:
> >
> >> Quick question for those who know: I just got delivery of Frances
> >> Hardginge's Verdigris Deep. Is it actually a sequel to Fly by Night, or
> >> are
> >> they stand-alone books? Because I haven't received Fly by Night yet, and
> >> don't know whether I need to read them in order or not...
> >>
> >> Thanks!

The problem with real life is the lack of danger music.