[DWJ] Impress of first book? (was Homeward Bounders)

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Thu Apr 14 19:00:28 EDT 2011

When I reread Drowned Ammet, I usually start reading once they're all
in the boat. Mitt's adventures in the Holy Isles are one of my favorite bits
of DWJ.

As far as I'm concerned, you can always ask me, off-list if necessary.

On Apr 14, 2011, at 4:51 AM, Jameela Lares wrote:

> Thanks to everyone who has written in so far on this question.  It would seem that whether the first DWJ makes a lifelong impression depends on which one it is. In the meantime, I am enjoying all the reading narratives.  I can't remember why I stopped reading Drowned Ammet, but it is probably because my own life is so stressful--often in a good way, but still--that I can't take as much conflict in narratives as others.  And a child having to take on too much responsibility with serious outcomes sounds too close to my own childhood.
>
> There ought to be a service for readers like me, somewhere you could write in to say, "I don't want to read past page 106. Are the protagonists going to be all right?"  On the other hand, I've begun talking myself through the text, saying things like, "These are the main characters. They are probably going to be okay in three pages."  And they usually are.

Do not meddle in the affairs of cats
for they are cunning, and you sleep
with your mouth open.