[DWJ] Dalemark Quartet (was Impress of first book? )

Deborah Meghnagi Bailey deborah at brightweavings.com
Thu Apr 14 11:56:56 EDT 2011

Thank you!

-----Original Message-----
From: dwj-bounces at suberic.net [mailto:dwj-bounces at suberic.net] On Behalf Of
Charlie Butler
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2011 10:13 AM
To: Diana Wynne Jones discussion
Subject: Re: [DWJ] Dalemark Quartet (was Impress of first book? )

For what it's worth, DWJ was quite clear that the best reading order was the
publication order: *Cart and Cwidder*, *Drowned Ammet*, *The
Spellcoats*, *Crown
of Dalemark*. I'm not entirely sure why, though - but then I happened to
read *The Spellcoats* first, and it never did *me* any harm.

Whatever else, though, *Crown of Dalemark* should definitely come last.
Also, iirc, the events in *Cart and Cwidder* take place pretty much
immediately before those in *Drowned Ammet*, so it's probably to take them
in that order, though not absolutely essential since they involve different
characters.

Charlie

--
Website: www.charlesbutler.co.uk