[DWJ] Impress of first book? (was Homeward Bounders)

Ellen Willcox eawil3 at email.wm.edu
Thu Apr 14 11:46:52 EDT 2011

That's a really interesting point about the "always in existence" books
versus the ones waited for.  I spent so long catching up on the delightfully
massive backlog of published books that it wasn't until House of Many Ways
that I was aware of a DWJ book before it came out.  (Since it was related to
Howl's Moving Castle, I was SO psyched that I pre-ordered it and then
wouldn't shut up about my excitement over it until in the end my parents
bought it for me the day it came out, so I had to cancel my order.)

All the ones before that seemed to always exist for me, though I was
extremely pleased when I discovered that Howl's Moving Castle was published
the year I was born - we were meant to be!  (The movie Labyrinth also came
out that year.  It would seem I appeared in the world with my lifelong
entertainment needs all taken care of.)

- Nic