[DWJ] Impress of first book? (was Homeward Bounders)

Thu Apr 14 11:45:24 EDT 2011

I distinctly remember my first DWJ.  I was a 20-something adult, always
fond of fantasy, and at the time married.  We went to Washington state
to visit ex-h's sister for Thanksgiving, and somehow I took a book out
of their local library - The Magicians of Caprona.  (this was probably
the late 70's or so since the copyright for MOC is 1980.)  Reading this
was a discovery - why have I never heard of this author before?  This is
JUST the kind of book I like!  The Magicians didn't remain my favorite
book but it led me to a whole list of favorites.  I never liked the
Dalemark quartet as much as some of the others.  Right now I think The
Pinhoe Egg is one of my favorites (except perhaps for the explication
about the Old Ways by Millie toward the end.)

Alison

Alison Hendon