[DWJ] Impress of first book? (was Homeward Bounders)

Kyra Jucovy arykiy at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 05:41:19 EDT 2011

In common with, seemingly, many of you, my first DWJ was *Dogsbody, *but it
definitely wasn't the one that made me go out and seek the rest of DWJ -
that was *The Lives of Christopher Chant*.  My memory, which may or may not
be accurate, is that my parents actually gave me *Dogsbody *for my eighth
birthday and that I read TLoCC several months later, but, anyway, both were
when I was around eight.  I have more of an appreciation for *Dogsbody *as
an adult and still have an appreciation for TLoCC, but neither one of them
is my favorite or has ever been my favorite (I always have a definite
favorite DWJ book, but this changes over time.  When I was a kid, it was *Witch
Week*, as a teenager it was *Archer's Goon*, as a college student it was *Fire
& Hemlock*, and as an adult it's *The Homeward Bounders*.  As an adult I
kind of feel that THB is the perfect book and that it's hard to imagine my
tastes ever changing again, but then, I know I felt exactly that way as a
teenager about *Archer's Goon*.).

----Kyra