[DWJ] Impress of first book? (Fire & Hemlock) (most: Spellcoats)

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Thu Apr 14 03:39:37 EDT 2011

On Thursday 14 April 2011 07:34:47 Deborah Meghnagi Bailey wrote:
> I'm pretty sure the first one I read was Witch Week, around the age of 8 or
> 9, as I wrote in my tribute to DWJ.

My first was either The Spellcoats or Cart and Cwidder, because the second-
hand bookshop had them (in Dutch translation) for 1 guilder each and I bought
them out of my pocket money. I must have been 9 or 10 at the time. I thought
"wow! that's a good writer!" and got the translation of Eight Days of Luke
from the library.

Then I sort of forgot DWJ for years (except occasionally rereading the two
books on my bookshelf) until I bought Fire and Hemlock at Manchester airport,
started reading it, and didn't stop until I found myself sitting on my bed at
home with my coat still on staring at the last page. Then, of course, I wanted
*everything*. (Still haven't got completely everything, but it's close.)

   Irina

--
Vesta veran, terna puran, farenin.
New blog: http://valdyas.org/fo3