[DWJ] Dalemark Quartet (was Impress of first book? )

Katarina Hjärpe katarina.hjarpe at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 02:41:09 EDT 2011

> And now a question to the masses. I own the Dalemark Quartet, but I've
> never
> actually read it. I think I tried one of them, but didn't get into it, but
> so long ago I don't remember anything. Is the chronology of the books
> different from the order of publication? Should I read them in order of
> publication, or in a different order?

I'm re-reading the Quartet now, having read them only once before, and I
think you could more-or-less read the three first ones in any order you
like; it's only in the last one that it all comes together. It might help to
read them in order, to establish a sense of the country, but on the other
hand, I found *Cart and Cwidder* to be the least engaging of the books.

Katarina