[DWJ] Impress of first book? (was Homeward Bounders)

Debbie Gascoyne dgascoyne at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 15:05:29 EDT 2011

My first one was _Charmed Life_, and I remember the thrill of discovery!
Here was an author I'd never read, whose books were exactly the kind of
books I loved.  I think the next one was _The Ogre Downstairs_, and I've
always had a soft spot for that one.  I think I will always love her
"middle" works -The Power of Three, Time of the Ghost, Fire and Hemlock, The
Homeward Bounders, and the earlier Chrestomanci's, the best, because they
seemed then so startling and new, and every one was different.

Debbie