[DWJ] Question about DWJ Kirkus article

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Mon Apr 4 16:13:47 EDT 2011

I have a copy of a book by Herself called "Yes, Dear" and it's not a play.
It's a children's picture book about someone young who finds [IIRC] a
magic leaf.

On Apr 3, 2011, at 10:53 PM, Gili Bar-Hillel wrote:

> I've never read the plays but I've read OF them in more than one source. One
> is called "Yes, Dear" - that's all I remember.
>
> On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 4:02 AM, Jenny Schwartzberg <
> schwartzbergj at newberry.org> wrote:
>
>> Dear All,
>>
>> When I read Deborah's Kirkus article:
>> http://www.kirkusreviews.com/blog/young-adult/diana-wynne-jones-1934-2011/I noted she said that DWJ wrote plays.  What plays?  I thought I had read
>> just about everything she had written but I never heard of any plays.
>> Adaptations by other people, yes, but did DWJ write plays herself?
>>
>> Yours,
>> Jenny

As an adolescent I aspired to lasting fame, I
craved factual certainty, and I thirsted for a
meaningful vision of human life--so I became
a scientist. This is like becoming an archbishop
so you can meet girls.

                                 -- Matt Cartmill